Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The "Bedtime Brain-wave"

My bed is comfy...
I'm starting to doze..
Time to sleep... 

Not...

Does anyone else have a brain that doesn't sleep? My brain seems to have the most activity right before I fall asleep. I can lay down, read, do whatever else but as soon as I decide that it's time to close my eyes and fall asleep, my brain objects; It's when some of my best ideas come into play.

Sometimes I think about my day. What could I have done differently? What were the good things about my day? Did I make any kind of noticeable difference?; or maybe... I'm so glad this day is over. I hope tomorrow goes by faster. Is it really only Wednesday? (yes... yes it is)

Other times I think about a project I want to work on. This causes lists in my head of what I need to get before starting it; When will I do it?; How will I do it?; Where will I put it? etc, etc, etc...

Maybe it's something I know needs done; Dishes in the sink? Laundry? (usually for me that means the putting it away part!!! ;) )

Whatever it is, apparently bedtime is the BEST time to hash over every detail. ;)

They say you should keep a journal beside your bed and the more I think about it, the more I think its a good idea. I tend to remember things that I've forgotten when my head hits the pillow... but come morning it's not likely I will remember what they were. Maybe I really should make the most of this nighttime "brain wave".

... I can't be the only one... right? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment