Thursday, November 22, 2012

An Abundance of Blessings

 Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :) This is the last day I'll be posting daily about things that I am thankful for but my hope is that all of us remember to have a heart of thankfulness year round. It is such a blessing that I am able to spend each day counting my blessings. It's more then being able to name one thing a day... each day I could be thankful for lots of things. :)


Recently, Miranda and I were talking about laughter. It occurred to me that lots of people go days with out even one laugh... maybe without one single smile. Thanks to the kiddos I spend most days with, my wonderful husband, my loving family and the most amazing friends any girl could ask for I most definitely laugh (and smile) every day. :D For that I am very thankful.

One of the best posts about Thanksgiving I have seen today came from a friend of ours, Tori. Her family is in the process of adopting a girl the same age as Tori from Ukraine. I think what she said is a good reminder to us all! :) She posted the following on her Facebook...

"Everyone on my newsfeed is talking about the huge meals they will be consuming with their families today, with turkey and honey ham and stuffing... The list goes on and on. Today I am just with my parents, and we ate at the only Mcdonald's in Simferopol, Ukraine. It doesn't bother me that it wasn't a "traditional" meal, because this meal is perhaps more in the spirit of thanksgiving than any "tradit
ional" one I've had in the past. I am thankful for Tania, for adoption, for second chances, for my dedicated parents, for Sacred Selections, and for all of the nice Ukrainians who have helped us confused Americans along the way. I do dearly miss being back home, but I know that this is making a huge difference in the life of a sweet girl my same age who otherwise has no family. Happy Thanksgiving y'all :)"
  All the best to you and yours this Thanksgiving! :D


 My Thankful Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment