Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankfulness: Day 15

Today I am thankful that I live in a country where I am free to worship God and openly talk about my beliefs.


More and more I feel that in America, Christians will soon be faced with much less then tolerance. We already live in a time where speaking out for what you believe in is considered a "prejudice". Taking an action that goes so far as to address your belief with the person who disagrees can now be considered a hate crime; But how can that be...? 

It seems that if you are standing up for the social norms our country now has then you are appreciated and acknowledged, but when you stand up for the opposite you are rude, intolerant or closed minded. Since when is it not okay for two people to differ on something? Is there now no such thing as a healthy debate of minds?

I pray that our country and our leaders never forget that we have freedom of speech and a right to stand up for and practice our beliefs... but in the face of what seems to be the opposite I have never been more grateful then I am now for my ability to speak and worship freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment