Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankfulness: Day 21

Today I am thankful for my Dad.

My Dad is one of the strongest men I know. He has gone through lots of challenging things in his life. Now as an adult I think back to growing up and the way that he raised my sister and I. Anyone knows that it couldn't have been easy to be the only male in a house with two young girls to raise on his own.

I am thankful for the dedication my Dad has had and the example of a great Christian man he has provided.

I am thankful for all of the many MANY things that he has done and been there for over the years.

I'm thankful for silly things like taking us to see Backstreet Boys and N'SYNC concerts and standing in long lines waiting for tickets and tshirts.

I'm thankful for the hard work he put in to take care of us.

I'm thankful for his constant goal of making everyone laugh & smile.. even when he makes himself look goofy.

I'm thankful for his motivation, his encouragement, his punishments, his instruction, his wisdom, and his unfailing love. :)

From that man that runs around the neighborhood with a bat to the man singing 'you light up my life to a random woman changing  light bulbs... For new fruit tastings, creative dinners and the most boxes of girl scout cookies any parent has ever been known to buy & for the habit that sticks with me of facing products as I walk through a grocery store... I love you. :)

Thank you for being amazing Dad... in the past, the present... and undoubtedly in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment