Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankfulness: Day 5


Today I am thankful for unexpected blessings. 

As I'm sure many of you know (or have experienced) figuring out your finances in the first years of marriage and the first years of having a family can be very challenging. Dan & have never really been in a place where we simply did not have money to pay a bill and for that I am thankful, but we have had times where we cut our budget very closely. When Dan was painting the winter months (Christmas time!... yikes!) would be layoff time for the painters... so we have definitely done the living paycheck to paycheck thing. The few times we were unsure it seems that with a simple coincidence the problem was solved.

...Truthfully, I'm sure its not a coincidence at all.

Matthew 6:26-  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
 I don't think that anything has ever humbled me more then when a random family I have done some babysitting for surprised us by buying a new battery for my car upon finding out that I would be needing a new one soon. How about when you are in a restaurant and suddenly your bill is paid and you spot a random person across the room that you know smiling at you? If it's ever happened to you, you know how amazing and humbling those kinds of things are. Just today I was given a sweet that made my morning.

Those "little things" that we too often forget to do for others can truly be life changing. 

The next chance you get... do something nice for no reason at all... and if possible make sure no one knows it was you. :) The joy in something so simple is refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment