Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

For many years Mother's Day has been a difficult day for me.. When your Mom is gone it's hard to know how to spend the day... or who to spend it with but we always somehow managed to figure it out.When you lose your Mother the value of having a Mother suddenly seems so much more clear. As I grew up I watched friends go through the common mother-daughter battles that a lot of people have, especially in teenage years.. They of course hated it.. but on the outside looking in I always wished I could have those moments.




I know my sister and I were lucky.. we had some good years with the Mother of our own and after she passed we had a number of beautiful women who were always there for us. :) All of those people who helped us grow into the women we now are made a huge impact on us and on our lives. Not many people have the privilege of all those "extra mothers" and I know now that it was a blessing.

Reflecting on my own Mother and all those amazing women.. I share these thoughts... To all those who were there for us, who taught us and helped us grow.. Happy Mothers Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment